The San Luis Obispo Downtown Association invites you to join us for a free, all-city street party on Thursday, April 9th at Farmers’ Market as we celebrate the kick off of some new improvements to our world famous event! Councilwoman Carlyn Christianson will be on hand to christen our new Farmers’ Market information booth at Chorro and Higuera Streets at 6 PM. We will be offering drawings and giveaways of new Downtown SLO Farmers’ Market merchandise like trucker hats, tees and reuseable shopping bags. Then at 6:30 PM the Market’s mascot, Downtown Brown, will lead the way to the first of the Downtown San Luis Obispo Farmers’ Market “Fresh Picked” Concert Series presented by The San Luis Obispo Collection featuring local favorite, The Damon Castillo Band, at the Harvest Stage located in the Union Bank parking lot. The new concert series will run through September (be on the look out for the entertainment lineup).
Springtime eatSLO Means:
*Farmers Market today and everyday!
* Local, seasonal, spring products are easy to find.
* Check out SLOVeg a CSA for Delivery or pick-up schedules to fit into your busy schedule and at your convenience.
* A direct farm to table transaction.
* Building connections and relationships between food producers and their customers.
* Increased food security for all communities, by promoting local food sources.
* Boosts to local food economies.
* Local producers list which lists all of their spring products on their own eatSLO webpage, at no cost. Fresh local food at your fingertips.
eatSLO.net is an online marketplace for locally produced foods and artisanal products. We are also a grassroots way to transform our food system to one that is more sustainable. Please visit and look around the website for more information and to see just how easy it is to market, buy, and sell local products starting today!