We love the Sustainable, Local, Organic – Wholesome Chow foods and family.
Check out this video we just made for Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes using Wholesome Chow’s Organic Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Mix! (The video also shows how to make regular Buttermilk Pancakes)
Here’s the recipe:
Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes (Buttermilk or Pumpkin!)
Makes 4-6 yummy pancakes
1 cup Wholesome Chow’s Organic Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom (optional)
1/2 tsp Groung Ginger (optional)
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Milk (we like Coconut Milk)
4 tbsp Pumpkin Puree (optional)
Butter (we use Earth Balance Butter Spread), for cooking
- In a medium sized bowl, combine All-Purpose Baking Mix and optional spices and whisk well to incorporate (if using spices).
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry mixture and whisk well until there are no lumps.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree (if using).
- Heat a skilled on high heat, add 1 tbsp butter and let melt.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter and spread onto hot skillet to make your first pancake.
- Let cook 3-5 minutes, then flip when underside is browned and bubbles are starting to from on top side of batter.
- Cook on other side for 3-5 minutes (the first pancake always takes the longest).
- Repeat with rest of batter, cooking two pancakes at a time.
You can freeze leftover pancakes and reheat in the toaster for a quick and easy gluten free vegan breakfast!